Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{ A Teacher's Love | Henry }

As most of you know, I am a student at The Art Institute of Portland, majoring in photography and design. What you may not know is that the program at my school is more geared for the commercial photographer. So trying to show my newborn work for assignments is hard to do and very rarely happens. I am always trying to find some sort of way to prove that my newborn work could be used just as effectively as a Nike shoot. Well, I finally had my chance to show off some recent newborn work of mine and was given the opportunity to show more on my school walls! Yay!

One of my most inspirational teachers at the school just had her baby! I had wanted to ask for so long but I was way nervous to ask. I had the mentality that if her family wanted to get newborn photos, that they would let me know. But that was such a silly way of thinking. I mean, she had so much to worry about at the time (school, finals, home life, a new baby on the way) that thinking of me and my newborn work was a ridiculous thought. After she had delivered her baby, I finally worked up the courage to ask her if I could use her newest one as a model. And to my surprise, she said yes!!

May I please introduce the world to one of my greatest mentors newest baby, Henry!




Thank you so much Alexis, for giving me the opportunity to photograph such a special moment for you and your family! I truly enjoy you as a teach and as a person. You inspire me to keep pushing on through all of my doubts and your words have been so encouraging to me. Thank you, thank you thank you...

-Nicole 



No comments:

Post a Comment